[Tagging] Proposed relation give_way

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Thu Mar 14 15:23:43 UTC 2013

On 14/03/13 14:43, Simone Saviolo wrote:
> I noticed that the proposal for a give_way type relationship [1] has
> been in draft for nine solid years. It seems a great solution to the
> current limitations of highway=give_way and highway=stop, also because
> it reuses a tagging scheme that is widely accepted both by mappers and
> by consumers for turn restrictions.
>
> I suggest that discussion on this proposal be revived. It should
> undergo the regular voting process and finally become an approved
> relation type.
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Give_way

If it has sat around unloved for years why would voting for it make it
suddenly useful?

Discuss it, try using it, help support its use in software if you can,
but please don't go through the broken, pointless charade of voting for
a tag that has been untouched for years.

Voting for tags to 'approve them' is stupid - there are *no* approved
tags in OpenStreetMap, only ones that people find useful.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly