[Tagging] Power proposals

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Thu Mar 14 20:58:52 UTC 2013

* François Lacombe <francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu> [2013-03-14 18:52 +0100]:
> Foremost, areas must reflect land occupation. If 2 different operators'
> plants are contiguous in reality then areas must be contiguous too.
>
> Do you have any example which can illustrate such situation in the wiki?

I know of a couple.

In Maryland, the Dickerson Generating Station, which is privately owned
and uses coal and oil is directly adjacent to the Montgomery County
Resource Facility, which is owned by the state and burns trash.

 OSM: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.20497&lon=-77.45533&zoom=15&layers=M
 Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickerson_Generating_Station

The reverse situation gould, I guess, be illustrated with something like
Maryland's Chalk Point Generating Station, where there are multiple
generators some distance away from each other.  It's pretty clear in this
case, though, that they're all part of the same facility, so I don't know
how illustrative it might be as an example.

 OSM: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=38.55211&lon=-76.69028&zoom=15&layers=M
 Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalk_Point_Generating_Station