[Tagging] Longitudinal Zebra

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:41:16 UTC 2013

2013/3/26 André Pirard <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>

>  Hi,
>
> I dig this because of the similar problem with different story and paint.
>
> This is the gate in a one-way school service road<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.5351&mlon=5.628629&zoom=18&layers=M>where parents drive and drop or pick the kids.
> Very wisely, the administration has painted what is better called a *passage
> pour piétons* than a *pedestrian crossing* because it does not *cross* a
> road but goes *along* on one half of it (it crosses the main road and the
> children continue to walk on it up to the gate (mark)).
>
> Unfortunately, the only OSM vision of a pedestrian crossing is a single
> node restricting it to be perpendicular to the road.

as you described it above it isn't a crossing, because nothing is crossed,
right? So maybe crossing might not be the right tag. That said there are
currently 6955 ways tagged with the tag crossing=*, admittedly much less
than nodes (367635), but still it is quite possible to map like this.

cheers,
Martin