[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 42, Issue 27

St Niklaas st.niklaas at live.nl
Thu Mar 28 11:19:11 UTC 2013

> From: tagging-request at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Tagging Digest, Vol 42, Issue 27, historic huts.

>    6. Re: Historic huts (Martin Koppenhoefer)

> looking at the tags maybe
> historic=wilderness_hut would be better (according to a proposal and
> the current wiki state, tourism=alpine_hut is for places where you can
> get food and accomodation, while tourism=wilderness_hut is for places
> that offer less comfort and are not usually managed, i.e. you bring
> what you need).
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/wilderness_mountain_buildings
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dwilderness_hut
>
> you could also add building=hut if you are adding the object as an
> area and you could have a look at the shelter_type tags if the hut can
> provide shelter:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shelter_type%3Dbasic_hut
>
> cheers,
> Martin
 Hi Martin,Thanks, I would have asked for a chozo and the Swedisch shelter. Listed in Wikipedia yes !. Are those terms usable in OSM still ?Greetz HendrikPs there in Scandinavian practical three kinds of huts, served (managed), supplied (seasonal supervised) and no supplies lodge only. The last 2 categories are  opened by a member key and you should put a check in a box with a little trust.