[Tagging] place=neighbourhood

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 01:46:59 UTC 2013

On 2012-12-17 19:11, A.Pirard.Papou wrote :
> On 2012-12-17 08:57, Michael Krämer wrote :
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2012/12/17 A.Pirard.Papou <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
>> <mailto:A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>>
>>
>>     Have I, or rather JOSM, done anything wrong?
>>

>> I don't think so, I think the problem is on OSMI's side.
>> "place=neighbourhood" is a somewhat recent addition so it might not
>> be in OSMI yet.
>>
>>     How can I improve ourselves and do better?
>>

>> It looks like the place to suggest improvements to OSMI is in the
>> wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Inspector
>>
>> Michael
>>
> Thanks Michael, but it's strange to have to warn OSMI of what they
> have to warn you and, as they request,
>
>   * to be the first to have to comment in the empty
>     OSM_Inspector/Views/Places discussion page
>     (how many people have to do that and how did the other features
>     get supported if discussion is needed)
>   * to have everybody subscribe to their mailing list to send them
>     private support e-mail
>
> Wouldn't it be more efficient that OSMI subscribed to this list singly
> and drew much information from it?

So, I have sent them an e-mail, I made the requested comment
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:OSM_Inspector/Views/Places> on
the appropriate discussion page
where I was the only one to comment and the error is still there
<http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=places&lon=5.65937&lat=50.52029&zoom=18&opacity=0.49&overlays=megacities,largecities,cities,towns,villages,hamlets,islands,suburbs,farms,localities,municipalities,errors_unknown_place_type,errors_population_format,errors_place_without_name,errors_population_number_format,errors_pop_type_mismatch,population>.
Unlike OSMOSE who are "inventive" in finding mistakes but where you can
flag a "false positive" and talk to a listening human, NO OSMI response.
Is OSMI a joke
<http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=multipolygon&lon=6.47257&lat=50.10781&zoom=10&opacity=0.00&overlays=invalid_geometry_hull,duplicate_ways,intersections,intersection_lines,ring_not_closed_hull,ring_not_closed,unconnected_end_nodes,touching_inner_rings_hull,touching_inner_rings,role_mismatch_hull,role_mismatch,duplicate_tags_hull,duplicate_tags,multipolygons_type_is_boundary,type_is_boundary,ways,role_markers,way_end_nodes,way_nodes>?

Cheers,

André.