[Tagging] New Proposal

News news at pointdee.co.uk
Thu May 2 16:48:35 UTC 2013

On 02/05/13 17:34, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> The first example should be resolved with tagging lanes, as seen in this
> link:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lanes#Motorway
>
> The second one could use this proposal:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/lanes_General_Extension
>
> I'm not sure if the two tagging schemes are compatible, I've never looked
> at it enough.
>
> Janko

The possibility of using the lanes tagging has been discussed on the
wiki discussion page and would not apply in this case as the situation
is not that the left hand lane becomes the A56 and the right the A682
but that both lanes of the carriageway become the A682 at the point of
the junction and that to remain on the A56 you have to turn off this
carriageway just the same as you would at any other motorway exit,
services exit or similar.

Thanks