[Tagging] Juice "restaurants"

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 9 13:26:22 UTC 2013

Am 09.05.2013 um 15:20 schrieb Eric Sibert <courrier at eric.sibert.fr>:

>> I'd not choose amenity=cafe if they don't sell besides the juice also coffee. Look how quite specific the other tags are for places where you can drink, eg biergarten, pub, cafe, bar, kiosk, nightclub  ...
>
> I'm wondering if the way we are coding different places where we can drink or eat is not too specific. May be, we should think about a more general model like:
> amenity=drink_place/eat_place
> seat=yes/no
> indoor/outdoor
> fast_food=yes/no
> beverage
> cuisine
> operator

you can argue like this, but then I'd suggest to propose an alternative tagging scheme that is compatible with what we currently do (i.e. you use different keys for the new scheme so the 2 can coexist, don't use "amenity"). E.g. drinking_in-place=yes, eating_in-place=yes etc.
I doubt that we are still that open for fundamental changes in a field that is so widely tagged on a global level (implemented in editors, various maps, etc.).

cheers,
Martin