[Tagging] Juice "restaurants"

Eric Sibert courrier at eric.sibert.fr
Thu May 9 13:20:59 UTC 2013

> I'd not choose amenity=cafe if they don't sell besides the juice
> also coffee. Look how quite specific the other tags are for places
> where you can drink, eg biergarten, pub, cafe, bar, kiosk, nightclub

I'm wondering if the way we are coding different places where we can
drink or eat is not too specific. May be, we should think about a more
general model like:
amenity=drink_place/eat_place
seat=yes/no
indoor/outdoor
fast_food=yes/no
beverage
cuisine
operator
So renderer can easily handle a lot of cases. We can then add a tag to
specify local cultural items:
drink_place:type=biergarten, pub, cafe, bar, kiosk...
but renderer can work without this last tag.

My 0,02 €

Eric