[Tagging] Recreation_ground (landuse vs leisure)

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun May 26 10:40:15 UTC 2013

Hi

A user has performed globally edit:

"comment = remove leisure=recreation_ground where the more common
landuse=recreation_ground exists"

The removal of duplicated tags is, of course, correct, however I was
surprised to see that landuse is being used (& is more popular) instead
of leisure:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=recreation_ground#values

Prescribed tags in editors:

Potlatch2 - leisure
JOSM - landuse
Id - couldn't see one.

My opinion is a recreation_ground can contain other land uses like
forest, grass, meadow etc. so leisure should be used. I'm guessing this
question will bring up discussion of the landcover tag again. What was
the conclusion of that from last time?

What's the consensus/opinion of others?

I've emailed the user concerned

Cheers