[Tagging] Recreation_ground (landuse vs leisure)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 27 12:59:44 UTC 2013

2013/5/27 <Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>

>   changing from undocumented to documented.

IMHO problematic because if a tag isn't documented how would you know what
its intended meaning is?

>   changing from uncommon to significant weight in taginfo

fine when there is docu for both tags and they have the same meaning (very
rare IMHO) and one is used n-times more often than the other

>   obvious to the locals in the country being changed the the replacement
>   tag is better

+1, the local mappers must agree

> That's why I said "99.5% of mappers think it's obviously a fix".  If
> that's true, no need to discuss.

but how would you know that it's actually 99,5% and not 45%, especially
without discussion?

I'm fine with correcting typos (e.g. highway=Residential or residental
instead of "residential" should be corrected), but different keys with the
same values generally shouldn't be unified without a very broad consensus
and supposed "default" values shouldn't be removed when true (and shouldn't
be automatically added neither, e.g. adding lanes=1 to links or sth
similar).

Cheers,
Martin