[Tagging] Recreation_ground (landuse vs leisure)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 27 13:05:16 UTC 2013

2013/5/27 hannes.janetzek at gmail.com <hannes.janetzek at googlemail.com>

> To clarify, my commit message was probably not correctly worded. The
> change was for features that contained *both* landuse=recreation_ground and
> leisure=recreation_ground. Having recreation_ground twice with one tag
> documented (proposed and accepted) and the other not seemed to me
> superfluous.

please do not remove tags that seem superfluous (to you),
actually sometimes the only sane way to change the tagging scheme on the
midterm is to add a redundant tag with other syntax (another key) and keep
the "old" tagging in parallel. There is no problem in having 2 tags that
say the same thing in different ways, but a problem are tags that are
incompatible with each other on the same object (but should be fixed
manually with on the ground knowledge about what is actually there, until
then the discrepancy helps in finding the bug).

cheers,
Martin