[Tagging] Fast Food Restaurants

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue May 28 23:58:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Tac Tacelosky <tacman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, tag keys should follow that, but not key values.  I'm sure there
> are values with single and double quotes, commas and semi-colons.
>
> Does OSM support any sort of multi-tag structure, like
> "cuisine:japanese" AND "cuisine:thai"?

In theory that's what the semicolon is for:
cuisine=japanese;thai

In practice, I think I can only name a single data consumer who actually
parses out semicolons. Mapquest Open parses ref=* tags on highways in the
US to draw multiple highway shields for highways that overlap each other.
Example:
http://mapq.st/173kVHL

Toby