[Tagging] Proposal - RFC - man_made=lamp
mhohmann at physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Sun Nov 3 13:52:17 UTC 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I propose the tag man_made=lamp for lamps, together with a number of
additional tags for lamp type, light source, power and so on. Central
motivations for this proposal are:
- - Lamps are clearly visible landmarks for orientation, mainly at night.
- - Mapping lamps gives a detailed image of the lighting situation.
The present tagging does not suffice for this:
- - highway=street_lamp does not apply to any other lamp type.
- - Tagging lamps as highway features is at least questionable.
- - There is no tag for other types of lamps.
- - There are no tags for lamp properties, such as light source and power.
You can find the full proposal for a unified lamp tagging here:
This tagging has evolved from a thorough discussion in the German OSM
In the forum it has also been suggested to start voting soon, since
mapping lamps is done most easily during the dark time of the year,
which is just starting (in the northern hemisphere, where most mappers
are located). Voting will therefore be opened soon, unless there are
further suggestions / improvement / discussions required.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Tagging