[Tagging] New feature: amenity=creche

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Sun Nov 3 13:56:58 UTC 2013

Dear Gilbert,

Thank you for proposing this, I agree that there is a need for this
tag. I also agree that creches are clearly distinct from kindergarten,
so they should have different tags.

Are you aware of the earlier efforts to propose this? See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/childcare and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/childcare2.0 .

Does the strong divide between creches and places for older children
also exist in other countries? To prevent confusion, maybe it would be
an idea to propose a tag for places for older children alongside with
the creche tag?

For the native speakers: is creche the most commonly used term? Is
there a difference between creche and nursery?

-- Matthijs