[Tagging] New feature: amenity=creche

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 10:28:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> My understanding, as a native UK English speaker, is that a nursery is
> somewhere that a child attends regularly, a pre-school type place. A
> creche is somewhere that looks after young children for occasional
> short-term periods, such as in a shopping centre or a university.

What is called a "crèche" in French is your nursery. Btw, we already
find ~400 amenity=nursery in taginfo. And what is the difference
between "nursery" and "kindergarten" ? age ?

Pieren

nb : we should really avoid special chars in standised tags. Think
that not every keyboard provides an easy access to "è" like yours and
not everyone is working exclusively with presets. It would be the same
concern with Cyrillic or Chinese characters...