[Tagging] New feature: amenity=creche

Gilbert Hangartner kuessemondtaeglich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 12:47:34 UTC 2013

Thanks Pieren!

1) keyvalue = nursery:
I agree that nursery seems to match "crèche". And it has no special character. This would maybe be good.

I did a search for several keywords before choosing crèche, but I did not think of nursery. I'm just wondering where they are, and what they really map (I could find only 5 of them in Switzerland and they mapped exactly "crèche". The 3 I found in Germany around Karlruhe are probably an childcare in a sense of a after-school, and 5 in Bruxelles, Belgium are probably also crèches.  I did not find none of them in any other major city I checked around Europe and the World - Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Moskau, London, NewYork, LosAngeles, Rio de Janeiro, Melbourne, .... How can I find them all???)

2) difference between nursery/crèche/childcare -- vs. -- kindergarten/pre-school:

* age: starting from 2 months -- vs. -- 3 years (UK), 4 years  (Germany), 5 years (Switzerland)
* time: whole day -- vs. -- some hours / only the morning
* scope:  "Life" - e.g. eating, going outdoor  -- vs. -- structured playing, educational activities.

Thanks, nounours