[Tagging] tag proposal for soft play centres

nounours kuessemondtaeglich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:30:31 UTC 2013

Hi Dom,

I don't know about voting ...

But I read your interesting proposal.
I completely agree that indoor-playgrounds should be mapped.

In Switzerland, it seems that they are normally mapped as leisure=playground and indoor=yes, see example:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1687169329

I personally think that keeping things together is better, so why not stay with playground? There are managed playgrounds, and there are indoor_play which are free. There are outdoor playgrounds with opening-hours ....

So, why not use:

Leisure=playground
Indoor=yes|no
Fee=yes|no
Managed=yes|no
Opening-hours=*
Operatortype=public|private
Operator=*

etc.

Maybe a template would help more than a new tag?

Greetings, nounours

Am 04.11.2013 um 14:07 schrieb Dominic Hosler:

> Hi everyone,
> It has been almost two weeks and the discussion seems to have died down.
> How long should it be left, before initiating a vote, and how long
> should a vote last on the proposal?
> This is the relevant wiki page:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Indoor_play
> Thanks,
> Dom
>
> On 24 October 2013 14:23, Jonathan <bigfatfrog67 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's definitely better but I would make the description more generic, such
>> as "An indoor area for children to play" and then make the padded aspects,
>> cafe etc sub tags that can be added.  The indoor_play tag should be able to
>> be used by those in other countries who have similar facilities but minus
>> the padding or cafe.  The tage of indoor_play needs to be the umbrella tag.
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> http://bigfatfrog67.me
>>

>> On 24/10/2013 12:13, Dominic Hosler wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, I feel a bit silly now, I didn't look hard enough.
>>> New page is at:
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Indoor_play
>>> for anyone wanting another look.
>>> Thanks,