[Tagging] give way and stop tag for ways

Balázs Barcsik balazs.barcsik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 11:25:32 UTC 2013

Think about oneway tag.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing
That is a property of a way.
So as a routing app I just would like to examine this tag, and forget the
relations restrictions:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction
Because it is a redundancy - if the oneway tag used properly the routing
app can determine whether you can turn right in an intersection or not. In
other words - if someone missed defining the road signs at intersections
(eg, restriction=no_left_turn) then this does not mean that you can turn
left.

So I would prefer to create such tags for priority cases - which can be
assigned to ways

Thanks, Balazs