[Tagging] give way and stop tag for ways

Balázs Barcsik balazs.barcsik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:04:51 UTC 2013

>"But, as already said, the oneway restriction applies to the whole way,
>for all vehicles arriving there, even from private properties. Where
>stops or giveway are just prioritizing the access to an intersection."
-because one of the way has priority in the intersection among the others.
As you might know there are priority roads:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:priority_road
"All traffic on the way has passed a traffic sign designating the road as a
priority road, at least before the first intersecting highway. All drivers
thus know the side roads will have yield/give way signs. The traffic on
this way will not pass a yield/give way sign."

So in this case a route app can show give way sign for all the side roads
which crossing with this priority road.
But in general even if the the road is not a priority road -  can have
priority - means that side roads will have yield/give way signs