[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - bicycle=use_cycleway

Masi Master masi-master at gmx.de
Wed Nov 13 21:43:59 UTC 2013

Am 13.11.2013, 10:28 Uhr, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com>:

> 2013/11/13 Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com>
>
>> Are you proposing tagging all ways with a parallel cycleway with
>> bicycle=use_cycleway? Sounds like it's made for mechanical edit abuse.
>
> yes, that probably should be done, because there are no other established
> ways of doing it, beside the wrong bicycle=no on the road that some
> mappers
> decided to set.

We talk about the correct tagging here. Not about a mechanical edit, it
could be a question in the future. But mechanical edit will not work in
this case. How do you select the roads with a compulsory cycleway, or
roads with the "bicycle-forbidden"-sign.
That's the problem of tagging different things with the same tag! :(