[Tagging] country specific scheme - was: Feature Proposal - RFC - bicycle=use_cycleway

Masi Master masi-master at gmx.de
Fri Nov 15 18:38:00 UTC 2013

Am 15.11.2013, 16:45 Uhr, schrieb Pee Wee <piewie32 at gmail.com>:

> 2013/11/14 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>

>> 2013/11/14 Ronnie Soak <chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com>
>>
>>> For the access tags (and we do discuss access tags here), it is common
>>> practice to have country-specific defaults on certain highway types as
>>> listed in the wiki [1] and only tag what contradicts those defaults.
>>

>> I'm not sure any of the current routers uses these country specific
>> defaults. My guess is that "normal" roads will always be allowed for
>> everybody except specified explicitly differently, and motorways and
>> roads
>> with motorroad=yes will exclude certain slow vehicles. Cycleways will
>> allow
>> cycling and footways walking and usually not cycling. If some country
>> specific defaults are different and nothing is tagged, it probably won't
>> work. Usually mappers do add "default" properties explicitly on roads
>> and
>> ways, and the more mature a region is mapped, the more of those
>> attributes
>> you'd usually find.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Martin
>>
> I think many mappers are very happy with these country specific access
> rules. This will prevent an overload of tags on roads. There is only one
> router I know personnaly and that is the creator of the Openfietsmap
> <http://www.openfietsmap.nl/home>Garmin map. His map (lite version) is
> also worldwide
> <http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/>available.
> He uses this country specific scheme.
>
> Part of his script is here. I think it makes clear that trunk roads are
> not
> accessabel for bicycles in some countries regardless of any "bicycle=no"
> tag.
>
> highway=trunk & mkgmap:country ~
> '(NLD|BEL|LUX|FRA|DEU|AUT|CHE|
> DNK|HUN|ROU)' { set highway=motorway }
> highway=trunk & bicycle=no { set highway=motorway }
> highway=trunk { set highway=primary }

In Germany trunk generally is able to cycle.
In Germany we tag "car-roads"/"fast-roads" with motorroad=yes, this could
be trunk and primary (and perhaps secondary too?). This roads are
forbidden (implicit) for bicycles and foot.

Think the added 2 (and changed 4th) lines are better:

motorroad=yes & mkgmap:country ~
'(DEU)' { set highway=motorway }   //think for CH and AT the same
highway=trunk & mkgmap:country ~
'(NLD|BEL|LUX|FRA|AUT|CHE|