[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse=highway

bulwersator bulwersator at zoho.com
Mon Nov 18 10:28:59 UTC 2013

Good idea, I removed it. It is special case, there are situations where next landuse will not be a private property.

---- On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 05:53:44 -0800 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote ----

2013/11/17 Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de>
 In my opinion, the actual area covered by the road surface (i.e.
 area:highway) is a lot more useful and should take priority when we map
 areas for roads.

I agree, but there is already an established tag for it (area:highway).

The definition given for the landuse-polygon seems too restrictive, I'd ditch the second part "are constructed up to a boundary or barrier separating this land from private property."
 (Because there doesn't have to be private property along a road, and neither there will always be boundaries or barriers).

 cheers,

Martin