[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Gambling

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Thu Nov 21 01:02:13 UTC 2013

On 15 November 2013 01:22, Stephen Hope <slhope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 November 2013 11:54, Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl>
> wrote:

>> Hmm, difficult to get the difference right. How would you call a place
>> with video games and pinball machines? What if there are also claw
>> cranes?

> I'd call it an amusement arcade, but that's probably just a local term. Also
> games arcade.

I'm fine with using leisure=amusement_arcade for places in which you
can play video games and pinball etc. I think that would be widely
understood.

>> Are there in fact countries where there are distinct places for
>> gambling machines and gaming machines?
>

> Yes. In Queensland, Australia (other states may have slightly different
> rules) they are very distinct.

Ok, that convinces me that we indeed need different tags.

The only thing we need now is a name for places with gambling machines.

> However, just confuse things, the gambling
> machines are officially known as "Gaming machines" here, and their location
> is know as a "Gaming room".

I would also be afraid that something like leisure=gaming_room would
cause confusion.

The legal term in the UK for gaming rooms seems to be 'Adult Gaming
Centre'. It is also the term that Cashino, a chain of such places,
uses to refer to themselves. Is this a known term? Would
leisure=adult_gaming_centre work, or does anyone have a better
proposal?

-- Matthijs