[Tagging] Telecoms local loops connections nodes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 15:59:12 UTC 2013

2013/11/21 François Lacombe <francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu>

> In my mind, MDF is only a functional part of a central office (like
> switches, DSLAM, power supplies). *We shouldn't summarize the building
> itself to a part inside it*, should you ?

if you want to tag the building use a building-tag ;-)

>> But i'd favour a group of "telecomunication" based tags. There is more
>> to be mapped e.g. what we call Kabelverzweiger (Kvz)
>>

> Ok for me, but let's be careful with security and industrial privacy, as
> usual in OSM.

Usually we aren't very careful, we use to map military installations for
instance ;-)
Security is something the operator must care for, not the mapper. Do you
have the concept of "industrial privacy" in France? AFAIK in Germany
businesses don't have privacy (but they do have secrets of course). Privacy
is a human right and as such associated with humans.

cheers,
Martin