[Tagging] Proposal - voting finished - man_made=lamp
mhohmann at physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Sun Nov 24 08:45:23 UTC 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
voting for the proposed man_made=lamp has been finished. The result
and further proceeding can be found here:
To summarize the results:
In the two voting periods that this proposal has run through the
following results have been obtained:
- - First voting period: 6 times yes.
- - Second voting period: 18 times yes, 18 times no, 1 partial approve.
The reasons for opposing the proposal can be summarized as follows:
- - Replacement / deprecation of the widely used highway=street_lamp.
- - Introduction of new tags for a more complicated tagging.
- - Introduction of tags which are not differentiated between light
fixture, lamp and light.
The reasons for approving the proposal can be summarized as follows:
- - Deprecation of highway=street_lamp, since a lamp ultimately is not a
highway or a part thereof.
- - Introduction of new tags that allow a more detailed mapping of lamps.
- - Introduction of new tags for light sources which are not street lamps.
Obviously the proposal cannot be changed in such a way to accommodate
these different desires, as they directly contradict each other (in
favour of / against deprecation of highway=street_lamp, make the
proposed tagging simpler / more differentiated and introduce even more
complicated tags). This result therefore suggests the following
possibilities for proceeding with this proposal:
- - Those who voted against the proposal need to agree on how to change
it such that it will become more acceptable. This step requires
further discussion and finally a conclusion, since obviously the
proposal cannot be changed simultaneously in the different directions
which have been suggested during voting.
- - Use the proposed features as they are. Since the comments from the
voting indicate that also among those who opposed the proposal there
is agreement with some of its parts, this appears reasonable. Further,
it is likely to happen anyway, since the result has shown that there
is a clear interest in detailed lamp mapping from parts of the
community. The proposed tagging will evolve further through practical
For this reason the status has for now been reset to "proposed", until
there is further progress.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Tagging