[Tagging] Proposal - voting finished - man_made=lamp

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Nov 26 11:23:31 UTC 2013

Am 25.11.2013 09:06, schrieb Frederik Ramm:

> On 11/24/2013 09:45 AM, Manuel Hohmann wrote:
>> For this reason the status has for now been reset to "proposed",
>> until there is further progress.
>
> That's a great idea, we simply get rid of the "rejected" status and
> anything that is not accepted remains in "proposed" forever ;)

Why should we give up on tweaking a proposal where most of the no-votes
were about only one value of 15 proposed keys?

There are proposals which are rejected with no hope of recovery, but
this one is clearly not among them. 18 supporters is more than most
successful proposals get.

> Of course this opens the question - what if someone wanted to propose
> a *different* tagging of lamps, should they then overwrite the page
> with their proposal or should we simply have a ton of proposals in
> parallel?

With some exceptions - an author trying to slightly modify their
proposal or handing it over to someone else for this purpose - new ideas
should go to a separate proposal. We had a ton of very different
proposals on lane tagging, for example, until one was found acceptable.

Tobias