[Tagging] Ferry frequency

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 22:42:58 UTC 2013

I have been talking about this on the transit mailing list[1]. I formed a
tag that gives us a number of journeys in any given period. It is very
flexible, and can be simple and complex.

For example, if we want to say there are 3 journeys a day, we would simply
have:
public_transport:frequency=d3

3 journeys an hour:
public_transport:frequency=h3

only runs on weekdays:
public_transport:frequency=Mo-Fr

it's a night line:
public_transport:frequency=23:00-06:00

and then we can mix them:
on weekdays it has 30 journeys a day, first one at 8:00, and last one at
23:00. On Saturday it has 10 journeys, first one at 8:00, last one at 15:00:
public_transport:frequency=Mo-Fr 08:00-23:00 d30; Sa 08:00-15:00 d10

when we have only 3 journeys a day, at 12:00, 16:00 and 20:00:
public_transport:frequency= 12:00-16:00-20:00 d3

I thought it would be used along the public_transport scheme, but I don't
see why we couldn't put it on a route=ferry way.

I should really put this on a wiki proposal.

Janko

[1]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-transit/2012-February/001578.html