[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:15:09 UTC 2013

Yes, certainly in the UK at least there is a difference: there are
routes I have seen where bikes are not allowed, *even if* dismounted
and pushed. There are routes where bikes are explicitly allowed only
if dismounted. bicycle=dismount is used over 23,000 times, and I
believe routers like cyclestreets make use of it...

Best
Dan