[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Kytömaa Lauri lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi
Mon Oct 7 21:53:05 UTC 2013

>Martin Koppenhoefer:
>Btw.: What about monocycles? Are you alled to carry a monocycle in these streets?

What would the traffic ticket claim as the offence?

FWIW, our law has a clause that on a footway a pedestrian may not push a bike, moped, kicksled, ski or skate or carry a big load if it can cause considerable hindrance to others. I've only once seen a dismount sign, it was this year at a combined cycleway on a bridge that was being renovated. Had they changed to a footway sign, cyclists would have taken the main carriageway legally, but because of the circumstances they probably wanted that they'd rather be pushing their bikes on the sidewalk for that 50 meters, than have them wobbling between the buses on narrower-than-usual lanes between the guard rails.

--
Alv