[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 22:01:50 UTC 2013

2013/10/7 Kytömaa Lauri <lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi>

> FWIW, our law has a clause that on a footway a pedestrian may not push a
> bike, moped, kicksled, ski or skate or carry a big load if it can cause
> considerable hindrance to others.

This list doesn't contain babystrollers, does the situation change when you
have a small kid on the bike? ;-)

My guess is that many countries have a similar law. The question is what is
considered a "considerable hindrance to others." In Italy there are more or
less the same laws as in Germany (regarding the traffic) but the traffic is
completely different, a Roman policeman does not even consider a cyclist to
be part of the traffic (and he will often also close both eyes for the
rules infringement of motorcars or maybe not even notice them because he is
used to).

cheers,
Martin