[Tagging] Wind turbines: big and small

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 7 23:01:57 UTC 2013

On 07.10.2013 22:53, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> Dana ponedjeljak, 7. listopada 2013., korisnik
> fly<lowflight66 at googlemail.com <mailto:lowflight66 at googlemail.com>> je
> napisao:
>> No, if it is mounted on top I would say height=3 for the object.
>>
>> min_height is only used for building:part but not for explicit tagged
>> objects on top of another object. Please use ele=* to specify the
> elevation.
>
> With your logic, if a building has underground floors, they should be
> counted into the height, don't you think so?

Mmh the underground is a real difficult problem but no, I do not want to
dig and measure the height of the mast.

I know buildings on steep areas which have two different ground levels
so simply building height is really difficult.

To state it:
1. define/tag ele=* for the object (ground)
2. measure the maxheight from this point -> height=*
3. do this for each object individually (eg. an object on top of another
one gets a different ele=* and its height.

For underground we would need a new tag.

> Anyway, wiki isn't clear on this at all, there's obviously some work to
> do. It's only clear with ele being elevation of ground over sea level,
> even if it's tagged on a node like man_made=tower.

cu
fly