[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Kytömaa Lauri lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi
Tue Oct 8 20:37:50 UTC 2013

>Can anyone state that in her/his country this traffic_sign is official
>and not made up by some people ?

Not my country, but in the UK it's listed here:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3113/schedule/5/made

Some countries have a blanket allowance for using a text only sign when no suitable sign exists, not just as an additional sign limiting the effect of the main sign, but on their own. From what I read, at least here in Finland a cyclist not obeying any traffic sign could get a fixed 20 euro ticket. (In practice, from what I've seen and heard, they only bother to fine those driving on sidewalks, or past a red light - unless something bad happens, that is.)

--
alv