[Tagging] Usefulness of bicycle=dismount on ways

Jonathan bigfatfrog67 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:55:31 UTC 2013

I don't see any point in the bicycle=dismount tag, when there is a
change in speed limit we don't tag car=slowdown!  The only way to tag
the effect that the sign has is to change the access tag to exclude
bicycles. As I see it it's that simple.

However, if there is a situation in a country where a bicycle can't even
be pushed, which I'm unaware of in the UK, then the access tag needs to
be extended to include a "no pushed bicycles" option.  In those
circumstances can you push a wheelchair or pram or a luggage trolley but
not push a bike?

Jonathan

http://bigfatfrog67.me