[Tagging] Call for more feedbacks about "emergency=aed" or "emergency=defibrillator"

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat Oct 12 20:09:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 11:37 -0700, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> Another question is how to mark (and render) AED's that are locked.
>  Unless you have the code,
> or a crowbar, those might as well be disused: or not present.

The only locked one was photographed by me I believe.

The instructions say that the code is obtained by calling 999, which
makes sense because it means that a professional crew will be dispatched
to the scene, and the ambulance service know that it has been used and
therefore needs checking and servicing. An AED is only intended to keep
a patient alive until qualified paramedics arrive.

Phil (trigpoint)