[Tagging] Call for more feedbacks about "emergency=aed" or "emergency=defibrillator"

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 19:56:07 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:
> There's a worldwide effort to adopt a single icon, and term, for these things.

Icon, yes. Term, no. In latin countries, it's abbreviated as DAE or
DEA. Check wikipedia interwiki's fyi, iyl.

> Convention would be
>   aed=yes
> Much like
>   amenity=toilets
>   drinking_water=yes

Convention of what ? If the "emergency" is not entering in conflict
with another "emergency" feature (which is not the case for vending
machines, phone boxes or toilets, at least, in my understanding of the
"emergency" key concept ;), no reason to change it. Just combine with
any "amenity" or "whateveryoulike" keys.

Pieren