[Tagging] tourism=guest_house or tourism=bed_and_breakfast ?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 14:42:55 UTC 2013

I made a proposal for tourism=apartment[1] so we have a place to refine the
meaning of this tag. I think the difference between apartment and
guest_house is not very clear, but I guess apartments are a bit bigger,
often have kitchens, and there are less of them in an apartment house then
there are rooms in a guest house. Guest_houses are a bit more like hotels.

Another reason is that people already use tourism=apartment, because it's
obviously a more natural word for people in several countries.

Maybe a better way to describe them is with a subtag, tourism=guest_house +
guest_house=apartment.

[1]http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Apartment