[Tagging] tourism=guest_house or tourism=bed_and_breakfast ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 12:21:44 UTC 2013

2013/10/18 Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com>

> Surely it's simply a matter of tagging "There is accommodation of some kind
> here" and including a URL to the website?  There is very little point in
> slicing the data so thinly, especially since renderers will paint a little
> picture that probably looks identical for any class of tourist
> accommodation.

IMHO this isn't about "rendering", few people would look at a rendered map
when looking for accomodation (usually you'd search in a db / with a
query). We already have a system where we distinguish on the first level
much more than "there is accomodation of some kind here", (IMHO that's
good), so distinguishing an apartment from a hotel or a B&B / guest house
or from a hostel does make sense - IMHO also at this very first level.

cheers,
Martin