[Tagging] tourism=guest_house or tourism=bed_and_breakfast ?

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:30:26 UTC 2013

As a humble surveyor and editor I would ask that we have tourism=apartment at the first level.  An apartment is quite distinct from a hotel and a guest_house and we already separate out these along with motel, hostel and chalet at this level.   The only debate for myself would be is at to whether it should be tourism=apartment or tourism=apartments.  In many cases you will have a number of apartments for rent in a apartment building block but not necessarily all.  In which case I presume it would be most appropriate to put a node in the building area rather than tagging the building area.  Would you therefore need to put in a node for each apartment if it was tourism=apartment?

Regards

Dudley