[Tagging] tourism=guest_house or tourism=bed_and_breakfast ?

Frank Little frankosm at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 19 20:06:44 UTC 2013

+1 to that. Just returned from a week's stay in a short-let apartment in
Brussels, which was certainly completely different from the hotels, guest
houses or bed & breakfast places I could have stayed in (and I chose it
specifically for that reason). This was a single apartment; I've often stayed
in an 'aparthotel' but that should also be classed as =apartment not =hotel.
It would also help to have sub-keys showing the number of apartments and
whether there is a reception, facilities, etc. These are relevant distinctions
for someone using the data to search for appropriate accommodation.

I'm not so sure about tourism=* (I was there for work; most short-term
apartment lets in Brussels are work-related,as was mine.) But since all these
accommodations are so classed, it will have to do.