[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Bandstand

Tom Higginson osm at bandnet.org
Thu Oct 31 20:15:06 UTC 2013

Following a little discussion with chillly, I'd like a little input
regarding tagging.

Current usages are:

leisure=bandstand (122)
amenity=bandstand (58)
building=bandstand (43)
building=band_stand (3)
man_made=bandstand (2)
historic=bandstand (2)
leisure=band_stand (2)
amenity=band_stand (2)
tourism=band_stand (1)

Based on the usage, I'm proposing to add leisure=bandstand and
building=bandstand to the map features list as these keys have different
uses. Otherwise some may find it necessary to alter the building tags.

Any comments on this?

I'd suggest the band_stand values could probably be changed to bandstand.

The other usages most likely ought to be left to the discretion of those
involved with mapping the feature.

Cheers.