[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Substation Refinement

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Sep 2 14:33:05 UTC 2013

2013/9/2 fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com>

> Thanks for the pictures !
>
> We are taking loops only to come back to the conclusion that a pole is a
> pole.
> It does not matter what is mounted but we need to be able to tag several
> objects mounted.

That's what I'm trying to explain... Even if the simpler way proposed in
substation refinement is interesting too.

Moving poles / tower or any kind of neutral support in man_made from a
particular industrial domain will allow us to map networks having those
neutral supports in common.

> man_made=pole
> communication=receiver
> power=transformer

+1, "perfect" solution.

> How does she/he know what the wires are made for ?

We can explain it in the wiki.

If mappers aren't knowledgeable about the kind of supported networks on the
pole, using man_made won't make them trying to guess if it's power=* or
communication=*

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com