[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Substation Refinement

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 2 18:55:28 UTC 2013

On 02/09/2013 09:58, François Lacombe wrote:
> Ok, but 'yes' has to be added to the transformer=* table of values in
> the proposal.

Done, but with the recommendation to use a more specific value such as
"distribution" if possible.

> It isn't for now, that's why I thought we can't use it in this
> particular case.
>
> And what about multi-utilities poles ?
> IMHO they definetly can't only be identified by power=* tag.

You can add any kind of tags to the power pole. E.g.

communication=antenna (don't know if this is correct)
transformer=yes
highway=street_lamp
etc

But it is a power pole if it looks like a power pole and was put in
place for the purpose of carrying a power line. The other features are
just getting a "free ride".

Ole