[Tagging] Ace Hardware

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 12:59:23 UTC 2013

2013/9/4 Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com>

> But I'll admit that it would be better to if we could agree on using
> either name, brand or operator

there is some level of consensus (at least on a national level) how to deal
with gas stations, all three keys have their particular meaning, using only
one would not work:
- brand is used for the supplier like Esso, Shell, ...
- operator is used for the business that operates a distinct gas station
(around here mostly these are not the same as the big supplying pertrol
companies, the operators "only" get their fuel from them, if it is indeed
Esso or a branch of them that also operates the gas station, put its name
also here even if it is the same)
- name is used for the name of a distinct gas station (if it exists, if no
name is given, don't use the name key).

all this information can usually be found on a receipt of the petrol
station (i.e. you have to buy something from them or ask them in order to
be sure).

cheers,
Martin