[Tagging] How to map an household goods store?

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:47:30 UTC 2013

On 16 September 2013 14:25, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> Stefano Fraccaro <postmaster at stefanofraccaro.org> wrote:
>> I have some shops that sell only household goods like dishes, pots, coffee
>> makers, blenders, oven thermometers, ...
>> IMHO "shop=supermarket" and "shop=general" are non appropriate. Which is
>> the correct tag?
> Perhaps shop=housewares?

As a native British English speaker living in the UK, this term isn't
familiar to me (although it's obvious what it means). I think
"homeware" (without the 's') would be a more common term here.
Searching online, suggests that this term is also used by several
major UK chain stores in connection with their departments that sell
this sort of stuff.


Robert Whittaker

More information about the Tagging mailing list