[Tagging] How to map an household goods store?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 18:10:53 UTC 2013

2013/9/16 Stefano Fraccaro <postmaster at stefanofraccaro.org>

> I have some shops that sell only household goods like dishes, pots, coffee
> makers, blenders, oven thermometers, ...
> IMHO "shop=supermarket" and "shop=general" are non appropriate. Which is
> the correct tag?

I have used the term "shop=kitchenware", so far used 55 times, for this
shop (no spam, I want to show what kind of stuff they sell):
But there are other kinds of similar shops where I'd use another term, e.g.
when they are specialized in a subset from one brand I'd use e.g.
shop=cutlery, brand=foo
or if they're specialized in small electric appliances I'd also use another

There are really a lot of different specializations and flavours of these
kind of shops, some do (also) have (small) bathroom or living room stuff,
while others are completely concentrated on cooking and eating. I'd like to
distinguish these.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20130916/2eda4bf8/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list