[Tagging] Proposal for new tag: landuse=plot

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:30:35 UTC 2013

2013/9/18 Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>

> 1. We do not map land lots in OSM, for reasons that have been
> discussed many times.

I am not aware about a general decision not to do it, the main problem
around here is that this kind of data is not publicly available in a
compatible license. In Germany for instance, "housenumbers" are actually
plot numbers, so it would be more accurate to have a landplot to associate
them to.

2. Even if we did, land lots do not talk about land use, which is what
landuse is for.

+1, I also think that the tag is not chosen well. While I agree that a land
plot in the context of allotment gardens is something completely different
than a parcel, still I can't see how the subdivisions can be a different
landuse if the whole area is landuse=allotments, they will still be
allotments. My suggestion to mapping a single plot would be to use some
kind of "boundary" for the limits and/or another key for the single plots
like amenity, leisure, allotments or even a new key.
Here's an example of the legislative part of a German allotment, you can
see that there are few parcels for the whole area:
http://www.potsdam.de/cms/dokumente/10035211_480745/371cb86e/BP_%20P_%2074.1_Plan.pdf

cheers,
Martin