[Tagging] Proposal for new tag: landuse=plot

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Wed Sep 18 17:33:33 UTC 2013

On 18/09/13 18:15, Lukas Hornby wrote:
> HI,
>
> Having studied all of the comments, we seem to agree that a tag is
> needed, that it is worth tagging. However the ambiguity over plot
> (which was the word I used in my proposal and lot (which has been read
> into plot) seems to be a sticking point.
>
> I am moved to resubmit this proposal under the name
> allotments:allotment_garden. This seems to be as close to universal as
> can be achieved. Where the concept of allotments doesn't exist, then
> the tag is not useful in that region.

Why? Everyone who has an allotment would call the individual rented area
a 'plot' or their 'allotment', but never an allotment garden. An
allotment site is made of plots, probably with tracks or paths between
the plots and possibly with shared areas such as parking, a communal
store or shed and water tanks or taps.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly