[Tagging] Power tower and pole usefulness

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:50:20 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM, François Lacombe
> Deprecating power=tower and power=pole was my first proposition.
> Many people goes against it and then I refined the proposal.
> For now I'm just introducing man_made=tower + tower:type=power to use it
> when power=* is needed to describe hosted devices.
> Thus, man_made=tower doesn't seem to be the perfect solution, so let's try
> to find it but the topic isn't to deprecate power=tower because it won't.

François, another thread on this ML was opened about "consensus in
OSM" and raised some inconsistencyies in our taging documentation. And
now, you are creating a new inconsistency. You already got some advice
about how to fix the "power" tag issue when you need the key more than
once (use subtags). Please, open now a "vote" on your proposal to get
some feedback from a larger audience and see if you are in the right
direction or not.

Pieren