[Tagging] Wilderness huts

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:19:02 UTC 2014

Could the more general description found for  "mountain hut" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_hut be used in the context of "alpine_hut" as this would make it more universal.   This would then cover the "climbing huts" found in the UK as described in the wikipedia article.  Additional tags could then be used to state whether it provides food, bedding, has a warden etc.   "Alpine Huts" don't always provide food and bedding.

As has already been mentioned, "Bothies" are probably the equivalent of a wilderness_hut in the UK but to make this fit the requirement "with fire place" really needs be removed.    The wikipedia article description http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilderness_hut  would cover these.

We also have a few hostels that are remote to the extent that you have to walk or cycle to them.   Some provide food and have a warden, some don't.

Another type of "accommodation" that it would be useful to map is the emergency shelter.  It is always good to know where these are, just in case!

Regards

Dudley