[Tagging] Wilderness huts

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:13:44 UTC 2014

> > Wikipedia shows several huts of the type I mean here:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilderness_hut .Their definition says these
> > are free — that is not the case in Alaska but is mostly true elsewhere
> > in the U.S. AFAIK
>
> We have access=* and fee=* to state this information.

Yes, I believe we shuldn't introduce the requirement "free" for
wilderness_hut. It is common to give some sort of "voluntary" donation if
you sleep in one of those huts around here, a contribution to the
maintenance efforts for these places. They are also often locked up so you
will have to contact the local "operator" in order to get access, still I
don't see how "access" will come into play here.

cheers,
Martin